Job Type : W2
Experience : 2 yrs
Location : Baltimore, MD
Posted Date : 23-Mar-2020
We are looking for a candidate Splunk Engineer for the design, plan, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems and related software.
- Conduct a detailed study of the current reporting Palo - Alto application and customer-specific business rules and practices, user requirements and prepare specifications in business intelligence and Splunk analytical reporting.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, implement and maintain detailed Splunk solutions using Splunk based applications & AWS add-ons and technologies including Enterprise security, Cyber Security, Okta under multiple operating systems.
- Work with internal Application business users to understand their requirements and translate them using a combination of SPL and Splunk reports.
- Analyze and decompose user data masking requirements and develop them into Splunk Embedded reports with minimal defects.
- Architect, design, deploy and configure Splunk Software On-prem and AWS cloud environments for organization operational intelligence and monitoring.
- Delivering complete development, testing and technical designs for assigned Splunk InfraStructure activities upon Jira, ServiceNow or Sprint Requests.
- Analyze Audit Information processing, plan and design computer instance activities for SOX Audit using Structured Compliance techniques PCI, PHI, PII.
- Implement optimizing strategies and monitor the security of the complete Splunk architecture machines.
- Identify and apply potential improvements related to the Splunk Business environment and Security applications.
- Provide continuous on call support for development /maintenance of Splunk Production environment.
- The minimum education requirements to perform the above job duties are a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in Python, Linux Shell Scripts, PowerShell , Bash Script.
- Strong understanding of the underlying Splunk infrastructure and components (e.g. lookups, modular inputs, standard inputs, relationships between varying configuration files, etc.).
- Experience managing data retention policies and performing index administration, maintenance and optimization, and configuration backups.