Job Type : W2
Experience : 1-2 YRs
Location : Chester, NY
Posted Date : 30-Jul-2018
We are seeking a Software Engineer (BI, Splunk) to join our growing team in the Information Services Department. We are currently hiring Splunk Engineer with Business Intelligence and Analytics Knowledge and its tools for our direct customer in the IT based out of Chester, NY.
Duration : 12+ months project ( Strong Possibility of Extensions).
- Installation and configuration of syslog-ng on multiple servers of Linux, AIX, Solaris to maintain the syslog data on a single centralized server.
- Installation of Forwarders/ Agents on the client servers in the process of pulling the syslog data and actively participating with the development team to integrate different application with Splunk.
- Create and Maintain of all the configuration files such as inputs, outputs, deployment client, server on the forwarder server to push the data to multiple Splunk indexers.
- Configure the data retention policy and maintained hot, warm and cold bucket directories with the Splunk environment.
- Setup and configure search head cluster along with cluster master with multiple search head nodes and managing the search head cluster with deployer.
- Set indexing property configurations on the data forwarded from different application servers, including time zone offset, custom source type rules. Configure Regex transformations to perform on data extractions.
- Develop Splunk Dashboards, searches and reporting to support various internal clients in Security, IT Operations and Application Development.
- Create Dashboards, report, scheduled searches and alerts using XML Knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Work with Client engagements and data onboarding and writing alerts, dashboards, reports, lookups using the Search Processing Language (SPL) and Work in creating Splunk based Scheduled Alerts to trigger email notification in case of abnormalities.
- Create and Manage Splunk DB connect Identities, Database Connections, Database Inputs, Outputs, lookups, access controls.
- The minimum education requirements to perform the above job duties are a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Applications, Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong Knowledge in Splunk Enterprise.