Location: Jersey City, NJ,
Our client is seeking a Software engineer to join the Splunk Platform Services team which integrates Splunk services with other applications. The team that focuses on leading edge technologies, value-added ideas, and excellence of customer services.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, implement and maintain detailed Splunk solutions using various tools and technologies under multiple operating systems.
- Develop technical and functional requirements and design specifications to develop custom Splunk application software solutions.
- Create Splunk SPL queries, reports, dashboards, alerts. Create data models and report acceleration to access the dependency and usage of raw data.
- Administrating in on-boarding relevant data sources as needed. Planning and upgrades of Splunk enterprise platforms, design systems enhancements, and monitor capacity to maintain operations in accordance with change management processes.
- Provide Splunk configurations and maintain Splunk instances and cluster monitoring. Develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk workflows. Design and develop dashboards and monitor and track Splunk performance issues.
- Manage Technical Data Governance & Adept in scripting languages that Support Splunk infrastructure.
- Install, test and deploy monitoring solutions with Splunk services. Provide strategic support of Splunk integrations, deployments, and configurations. Create test cases and perform functional and acceptance testing.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify detailed operations to be performed by the programs. Plan and prepare technical reports, instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, computer information systems or related field
- Knowledge on Splunk search processing language (SPL) and visualization, Splunk apps development and management.
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources that use various protocols.